23 September 2008

giving it up...

i spent today looking for a job and tying up some loose ends with phone calls i meant to return, etc. it felt good to get some stuff crossed off my list, but can't even decide what kind of job i'm even looking for exactly.

however, i'm joining a women's bible study at church, starting this sunday, and i'm so excited! it's based on beth moore's book "the patriarchs" and it has been so incredibly interesting so far (and i'm only on day 2!) i'm excited to see what i learn through december. right now it's about abraham and how he left his home (ur) for canaan, tho he didn't know where he was going, but trusted God would lead him there. today's was about sarah, and how it effected her and how she (likely) didn't want to go. anyway, beth moore ends with a quote from F.B. Meyer that i really liked, and i really felt was for me right now in my situation. it goes like this:

"Thou (God) hast brought me here; and Thou must now bear the whole weight of providing for me and mine: here i will stay till i clearly know what Thou wilt have me to do."

i've given it to God. this whole situation - He led me to this and He has a plan. my job is to have faith that He will lead me to the best He has set aside for me. :)

F.B. Meyer goes on to say:

"Has He not thus brought you into difficulties, that He may have an opportunity of strengthening your faith, by giving some unexampled proof of His power? Wait only on the Lord, trust also in Him... He will provide."

why is 'giving it up to God' so difficult? so many things/times in life we give up responsibility too easily, but when we need to - we grasp so tightly that our knuckles are white. likely, it is those situations that we need to give up to God most. to give complete control and trust He will provide. it's those times that He blesses us overwhelmingly. *sigh* what a great feeling.

i can't wait to see what wonderful things He has planned for me next. :)

take care of you for me.

No comments: