01 January 2009

In loving memory, Ruth <3


About 8 hours ago, I lost a dear friend. While I had only met Ruth 8 months ago (the same day I met dan, April 27th) she quickly warmed up to me that first visit. Ruth was the most loyal, sweetest dog I have ever known. I firmly believe she didn't have a mean bone in her body. My heart is heavy as I think back to our many memories: her excitement as I would walk in the front door, how she would jump up on the couch next to Dan and I when we'd be watching a movie, how she would 'bug' us all at the dinner table - her nose nudging our elbows or planted on my lap, the walks we went on this past summer, knowing she would jump up on Dan's bed and sleep with him every night, her licks and snuggles - the love she showed to all of us.

Things did not seem right when we came home from a week in NC (which was a fabulous time, by the way) and she could barely stand up. After a lengthy visit at the vet's office today, there was nothing else we could do. She didn't seem to be in pain, and while that should seem comforting, it does very little for me. She lived a long life, 11.5 years, but that does not make it easier to let her go. I can only pray that God will use this situation to His glory, that He will bless the Brady's through this hard time and send His Spirit to comfort them. He certainly blessed them with a wonderful dog and those loving memories that will remain in their hearts.

Whether it's true or not, I picture my brother, Dan, there to greet her as she came running into heaven. I can just picture Dan asking God for a dog for the past 2.5 years... and who better to send but the sweetest dog from the Dan I love to be with the other Dan I love. All I have to say is: for all the times she woke Dan (my fiance) up at all hours of the night, Dan (my brother) - you're in for some sleepless mornings...



take care of you for me.

No comments: