14 January 2009

who's got it?

Okay, so I have been doing some research on diabetes. I've been kinda struggling with it lately. I hate it, and I hate having it. I want to get healthy, though, and I really don't want any of the potential complications from it. I was reading today from a number of diabetes education sites and found a very interesting list. This was a list of well-known people who have diabetes. I was surprised by some, I'm sure it's no secret, but... I just didn't know. It had a strange way of making me feel a little better. Maybe the idea that people can thrive with it, not just survive... anyway, I thought you might be interested to see it, too. (I only included the ones I recognized... there were many more I didn't know):

James Cagney
Randy Jackson (American Idol)
Waylon Jennings
B.B. King
Tommy Lee (Motley Crue)
Elvis Presley
Luther Vandross
Nick Jonas (Jonas Brothers)
Jerry Garcia (Grateful Dead)
Aretha Franklin
Mick Fleetwood (Fleetwood Mac)
Ella Fitzgerald
Miles Davis
Johnny Cash
James Brown
Jackie Robinson (baseball)
Kendall Simmons (Pittsburgh Steeler)
Halle Berry
Dick Clark
James Doohan (Scotty from Star Trek)
Larry King
Mary Tyler Moore
Della Reese
Elizabeth Taylor
Mae West
Thomas Edison
Mike Huckabee
Winnie Mandela (South Africa)
Ernest Hemingway
Anne Rice
Laura Ingalls Wilder
James Conkling (helped in creation of the Grammy award)
Bill and John Davidson (Harley-Davidson motorcycles)

along with:
President of Egypt, a former leader in Egypt, the King of Saudi Arabia, the former mayor of Washington DC, the Prime Minister of Israel, the President of Syria....

quite a list, in my opinion. I just thought it was interesting to know. And now, you know, too.



take care of you for me.

No comments: